Hey there farmer!
First and foremost, we want to apologize for any errors you may have experienced when trying to play Pot Farm: Grass Roots. Crashing or lag is never good, and we can understand how frustrating it must be to experience it while playing.
Some general tips to try in order to help reduce crashing or errors include the following:
- Try to reduce the amount of other apps and programs you have running while you play Pot Farm: Grass Roots. Visit your device's menu of running apps, and fully close out any other games and apps that could be slowing things down. From here, re-enter your game of Grass Roots and see if that helps speed things up. In general, remember that running many apps at the same time can result in crashes and slow down. Also, if your device has "Power Saving" mode turned on, this can cause issues with game performance.
- Verify that you have a strong, stable (not just fast) connection to WiFi or data (4G/LTE). Pot Farm: Grass Roots is a game that requires an internet connection to play, so if your connection is less than stable, there is a very good chance that this could be causing the issue(s) you're experiencing. To improve stability, try using WiFi rather than wireless data, and restart your router or connection point if things seem spotty.
- While it may sound like generic advice, fully uninstalling and re-installing the game can help a lot! Fully uninstalling the game will clear out the game's data/cache on your device and help you start a fully new session, and could help things run more smoothly! With your game data stored on our servers and your device, uninstalling/re-installing won't cause you to lose any progress in your game.
You can also toggle the game's graphics settings. If you find the game lags or runs a bit slow, this should help your game run more smoothly. Here's how to use it:
- Access the in-game Settings menu by tapping the PHONE icon, then the GEAR icon
- From here, you can toggle the red switch marked GRAPHICS SETTINGS. If the switch is set to FAST mode, your game might look a little fuzzier, but should run more quickly. We strongly recommend trying both HIGH and FAST modes to see which runs better on your device.
Note - Each time you switch from one setting to another, the game will need to reload to change settings. If this is your first time making the change, it could take up to a minute or two, so we recommend doing it while using a solid WiFi connection.
- Try clearing the game's cache and rebooting your device to see if that helps! Don't worry, this will not affect your game's progress.
- If you are crashing continually in the exact same spot or while performing a particular task, please feel free to let us know directly, as this might indicate that there is a specific data issue preventing you from continuing that we can look into.
In general, it's important to remember that the Android operating system is somewhat fragmented, with tens of thousands of devices available, meaning that there is always more work to be done to make the game run smoothly. With every update, we are working hard at decreasing lag, reducing crashes, and making things better for you and our other awesome farmers. In the meantime, if none of these troubleshooting tips work, we sincerely apologize, and want you to know that we're working as hard as we can to improve your gameplay experience.
If none of these troubleshooting tips work, please submit a request so we can help you out!